Tuesday 29 December 2009

Akaroa - Christmas by the beach (23/12 - 28/12)







Met Estelle at Cathedral Square in the middle of Christchurch and then the 3 of us cycled to Akaroa. I was full of cold and my legs felt like lead and it was the hardest day of cycling in my life. It was so hot and the we had 5 hills to get over (one big one and 4 small ones). Estelle was cheering when I finally got to the top of the big one!

I was so relieved when we arrived at the hostel and we had a Christmas card from my M&D and a present from Emma and Michael in our room and I cried!

During our stay in gorgeous Akaroa we had a meal with the other guests on Christmas eve and Christmas evening and we did lots of sleeping, eating and drinking.

On Boxing Day we went kayaking and a pod of Hector's dolphins (the smallest ones in the world) swam around us for about 30 minutes - amazing!

On Mon 28th we cycled back to Christchurch and the hills were much easier this time!

No comments: