Tuesday 5 July 2011

Last week on East Coast Peninsula Malaysia

We left Dungun and continued cycling north up the east coast to Kuala Besut. We stayed the night in the small harbour town in Marang and the following day we cycled to Merang through Kuala Terengganu and saw the huge mosque (edutainment) complex, which includes this floating mosque.


On the 11th June we woke up in our cabin/shed in Merang and Nic gave me a lovely home-made birthday card and this key-ring. (Our presents to each other our very lavish as you can see!)


We then cycled to Kuala Besut, left the bikes behind and got the boat to Pulau Perhentian Besar. Here's me looking very happy:

I had a lovely birthday and we spent the evening sitting on the gorgeous beach, drinking the local 'monkey juice' and chatting with the people from the dive centre.


We had a few days diving and chilling out. Our cabin was next to the dive centre so we didn't have far to go. Here is the shot of our dive centre and our cabin:



While we were here I had a problem with my right eye and although I could still dive I knew I had to get it checked out. It was very sore and red.

We left the tropical paradise, were reunited with our bikes and then we got the 'night' bus to Kuala Lumpur.

No comments: